TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Clutch issues: Soft clutch + low engagement.
People Seeking Info

Subject Clutch issues: Soft clutch + low engagement.

Posted by PiotrC70 on December 08, 2014 at 10:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 422 times.

Message I'm posting this on behalf of my friend since he doesn't have a TT.net account and I can't think of what can be affecting this.

First off. I followed the specialtyZ clutch adjustment to a T and both his 90'TT and my TT Convertible look identical WITH the exception that I don't have the clutch booster assembly. Clutch rods, switches, everything is exact.

When the car is off, as expected, the clutch feels somewhat normal but it's even pressure all the way through and you can't feel where it engages and disengages. Once the car is started and the booster kicks in, the pedal is noticeably soft throughout. After bleeding the clutch multiple times, he is now on a 2nd clutch (other was slipping) and this new one STILL feels the same. There is no difference in feel when the car is cold vs warmed up and both bleeders have been bled multiple times with no visible bubbles and yet no major difference in feel.

I suggested he swap the clutch slave since that may be the culprit BUT, at this point, I'm hunting an pecking ideas.

Thoughts?

1993 TT. R.I.P. 09.15.2010

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.