TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Confusing P/S issues and reservoir over flowing
People Seeking Info

Subject Confusing P/S issues and reservoir over flowing

Posted by Jkova300z on December 06, 2014 at 11:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 218 times.

Message Here is what I noticed last night. I had the car up on lift, and it was off, not running. I was turning the wheels in order to access the facia bolts. I noticed a noise which sounded like "squishing"." I tracked it down to the reservoir, which was squeezing fluid out of it. This was while the car was OFF. So, I continued to turn the wheel and more fluid came out. No idea what this means so I am looking for some advice. I have "bled" the system multiple times as well previously and thought all air was out of it before this happened. My hoses off the reservoir are close to the piping but do not appear to be kinked or restricting flow. My Rack feels "heavy" even when up on the lift, however there are no leaks, and no fluid can be felt leaking inside the boots from what I can tell.

I've been trying to track down my power steering issues for a while. I did a NA P/s conversion and have installed new high pressure hose & switch, new hoses, rebuilt the pump. Also rack solenoid ohm's to correct spec, and neutral switch check OK for continuity. I put in a known working TT P/s controller since I suspected my original TT one was bad. I do not have the Hicas plug in. STILL not working. I have obviously missed something here since I am getting overflowing. The rack has never been rebuilt or service from what I know.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.