TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I think you're getting yourself a bit confused
People Seeking Info

Subject I think you're getting yourself a bit confused

Posted by Stanky on December 05, 2014 at 11:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 288 times.

In Reply To Also, Nissan shows 0'-11' deg of toe-in acceptable? posted by evan_aggie on December 05, 2014 at 01:06 PM

Message I think the Degrees you might be referring to is CASTER, not toe. Toe is measured in mm on the Z, and is usually supposed to be around 1mm(I think the specs are 0-2mm). Also for toe, I set mine to be SLIGHTLY toe-inward it hopes to get it to zero out when accelerating(RWD). I've found FWD cars come into the shop with much more toe-in, so I like to set them slightly toe out in hopes to get them to zero out when driving.

Caster is where the degrees are a bit higher because it's related to how the steering axis is relevant to the true vertical axis when viewed from the side. Generally speaking, you want as high + caster as allowed from the factory, but you want to make sure its the same on both sides or the car will want to pull to the side with less caster. This improves straight line stability but makes the steering "heavier", however, even after my alignment I didn't notice anything heavier. You might notice it if you don't have power steering for whatever reason. I don't remember the Caster specs for the Z, but I would be surprised if it's even 11 degrees, I would guess closer to about +/- 9 degrees.

Hope this helps

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.