TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My 2 cents
People Seeking Info

Subject My 2 cents

Posted by Red Hawk (CO) on November 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM
  This message has been viewed 200 times.

In Reply To HPDE - Front vs Rear Pad Material? posted by evan_aggie on November 25, 2014 at 08:02 AM

Message The reason you should never use aggressive pads in the rear vs. the front is to keep from the back end sliding and you losing control as the momentum shifts. Generally all braking is done in a 70/30 percentage where the fronts get 70% of the brake force and the rears get the rest. If you are using stock rotors & calipers then I would suggest getting the same of everything to maximize your stopping power. However, different rotors, calipers, and even different wheels and tire sizes (such as a 18" 275 in the rear vs. a 17" 235 in the front) can cause an imbalance in braking bias do to the moment exerted on the caliper (and ultimately your pad). Generally you will feel a slight tugging in the back if you get your bias off to far, if that's the case then I would suggest getting a less "hot" pad for the rear to get your primary stopping force back up front. Sorry this isn't a little more cut-and-dry, and again, this is just my experience and my 2 cents.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.