TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Please Help! Second Water Pump Broke apart in six months !!
People Seeking Info

Subject Please Help! Second Water Pump Broke apart in six months !!

Posted by zxnazx(tt) on November 21, 2014 at 12:10 AM
  This message has been viewed 314 times.

Message Hello, need an advise from you guys. I have a customer whose car we serviced and did a 120 k maintenance six month ago. Customer also bought a UD pulley unorthodox i believe and the upper smaller water pump pulley with a matching belt all were purchased new from conceptZ. After the guy drove it for few months the belt flew off and we towed the car to the shop and saw that the water pump broke and seized up. We noticed vibration on the fan baldes and wrote it off on bad clutch fan/blades. New oem NIssan water pump was ordered from concept and new clutch fan, and new blade was ordered from Nissan, new belt as well. Few months later the same thing happened, where the pump seized up, leaked, belt didn't come off as the customer prior tightened it as he noticed it was squeaking, but according to him he didn't over tightened the belt as that was my first question.

Now i am looking to install an oem under drive pulley and an oem water pump pulley, with new belt, new water pump.

Any ideas what could be causing the failure of two OEM nissan water pumps in less than six month time???

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.