TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Injector Replacement Help
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Injector Replacement Help

Posted by Kvert on November 14, 2014 at 5:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 474 times.

In Reply To Injector Replacement Help posted by Z32CheekiBreeki on November 13, 2014 at 02:27 PM

Message Replace all the fuel lines (use quality hose. Not autozone) I used fuel injector hose from NAPA.
EGR gaskets unless you've deleted EGR.
Highly recommend PCV replacement, hoses and valves.
I assume your conversion kit included the new style injector connectors.

I only mention hoses because when I did mine it was immensely easier cutting off the old original hoses then having to try slipping them off.

If you get silicone EGR hoses you can replace the one on the drivers side at the back of the engine without taking the exhaust valve cover off, but it can be a bit if a bitch. The other 4 are easy.

For the coolant bypass, it's pretty easy except for the hose connection behind the troublesome EGR hose I mentioned above. You can access it by slightly bending the coolant hard line so you can get some pliers on the hose clamp and slip your new bypass line on. I only had to bend mine out like 1/2" to get access. For the actual hose to use for the coolant bypass, I used the cheap fuel hose from autozone that shouldn't actually be used for fuel lines. This was recommended to me by Coz at CZP. Worked great.

Once you get into it you'll see how the coolant lines need to be routed for the bypass. Assuming you have an NA. It's not as complicated as a TT.

It would be a good opportunity to clean your throttle bodies and idle control hardware, if your having problems. You'll need a new gasket if you clean the idle hardware.

Lastly, since a lot of connectors will be disconnected. Take the time to inspect and clean them. Use dielectric grease upon reassembly.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.