TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Running rough, code 34, now code 55
People Seeking Info

Subject Running rough, code 34, now code 55

Posted by Matt300ZXT on November 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 496 times.

Message I was driving home today in my 92 twin turbo and about 1/2 a mile from an errand I had to run, it started running like a cylinder went down. It's done it a time or two before because it's an original wiring harness, usually I just check the snugness of the coil pack connections and I'm back in business for quite a while.

I get to where I was going, and when I come back out I double check all the connections, one felt a little loose I guess but after pushing them all back down I fire it up and the same thing. So I just drive home anyways, as it wasn't too far.

I get some contact cleaner and spray in the wire side and coil pack side, blow it out, reconnect them all and the same thing so I check my codes and I get a 34. I don't see how, since about 15k ago when I had all the timing belt/water pump/seals/etc done, I had a brand new OEM sensor and subharness from Z1 installed.

Anyways, I cleared out the codes using the potentiometer on the ECU and fire it back up. Still runs rough so I check the codes again, now it's showing 55. I drive it around the block, still running rough of course but check when I get back in the driveway and it's still showing a code 55, no more 34 in sight but still runs like a coil pack connector is unplugged.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.