TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - camshafts and turbos are diff on an auto engine.
People Seeking Info

Subject camshafts and turbos are diff on an auto engine.

Posted by LivinTheDream on November 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM
  This message has been viewed 287 times.

In Reply To new engine for my 90 twin turbo advice??? posted by jhop1988 on November 09, 2014 at 04:29 PM

Message This will not stop anything thou. The auto turbos see for faster spool but less top end gain. Don't know the details on the camshafts. You will have to remove the auto pilot bushing from the rear or the engine on the auto and replace with a manual pilot bushing. If your current car has the bad motor in it u can use the manual trans dust shields that go between the engine and trans. Other wise you will need some. I'm pretty sure the gussets or lower brackets that the bottom 4 bolts of the trans bolts to are the same for manual and auto.

I don't see why a jdm ecu wont work with an American car. Especially if the engine is the same.

Base ignition timing will have to be reset for the manual via the crank angel sensor to 15 degrees btdc.

Lastly the oil pressure sensor is located on the LH side of the jdm motor. You will have to remove the plug from the oil filter tree and swap it with the sensor. I don't think you should use an mt programed ecu on an auto engine thou. Due to the camshafts I believe the tune will need to be a bit different. Email sz for confirmation.

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.