TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - SZ recommends....
People Seeking Info

Subject SZ recommends....

Posted by LivinTheDream on November 08, 2014 at 6:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 614 times.

In Reply To Catch Can Setup Help posted by flashstar on November 06, 2014 at 03:42 PM

Message Just capping off the pcv ports on the exhaust valve cover. Then of course removing the pcv valves from the plenum and blocking those ports (I now use those openings as a vacuum source for recirc valves after putting a barbed fitting in place of the pcv valves). This leaves the hoses from the intake valve covers to the turbo inlet only. SZ says that this is fine. Other say differently.

All will agree that having a open air catch can is allowing unmetered air into the system or out of.

So if you want the catch can I say do inline from the intake valve covers and back to the turbo inlet. Curious how much gunk will be collected. This is 2 additional hoses on each side of the engine running under the nose panel. Mishimoto has a cool looking inline catch can but it pricy. I'm not aware of a dual inlet, duel oulet can but you and simply put a t or y shaped hose fitting to route both lines into a single port.

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.