TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The Success of Failure. The Z finally failed when I
People Seeking Info

Subject The Success of Failure. The Z finally failed when I

Posted by ZTicket(Dallas) on October 26, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 387 times.

Message had a fuel pressure gauge in line. When trying to restart, the following happened: When I turned the key to the on position, the gauge would pop up to 37psi and would then lose all pressure down to zero. Of course it didn't start, but while cranking, it was dragging like a low battery condition despite charging the battery the previous night.
I stopped trying & waited for about 5-10min. Tried again and it started. Drove home 5 min. away, as I was putting it into the garage, it did it again. Checked pressure. Same i.e. when key turned to on before trying to start, pressure goes to 37psi then after about 2 seconds, drops down to zero. Trying to start in this condition, car acts like it's getting an electrical drain from somewhere. Wait 5 or 10 min. and no dragging starter and it starts and runs like nothing ever happened. I'm leaning towards a bad FPCU or Fuel Pump. What do you guys/girls think?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.