TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yes an output can be used to drive a solenoid.
People Seeking Info

Subject Yes an output can be used to drive a solenoid.

Posted by kickerzx on October 24, 2014 at 2:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 310 times.

In Reply To ECU discussion posted by TurboSource on October 22, 2014 at 08:46 PM

Message Reading the OP`s post again i realize i missed the questions asked.
What I look for/wants in a ecu.
- EVERYTHING should be user configurable.

-I want lots of inputs and outputs. Having one or two spare pins after the engine is hooked up whit all it needs is not enough. Look to Emtron as an example.

-Ignition and injector outputs that isnt needed (like a 6 cylinder car on a 8 cylinder ecu) should be configurable for other purposes. Like boost solenoids or idlevalves or whatever.

-There should be multiple userconfigurable rpm, boost and speed limits. Example, rpm limit based on oilpressure and oiltemp. Or based on differential fuelpressure (relation between intakepressure and fuelpressure. Actually i want configurability to have a limit based on colour of my underware and the number of cows driven by the last minute if i wanted to (and if i could find sensors for that).

-I want every analog/sensor input to be user configurable. Not just a pulldown meny with a few preset sensors available.

-It should be able to run 2 boostsolenoids.

-It should be able to adjust EVERYTHING based on ethanol content (flexfuelsensor) on its own. Fuel, ignition, boost, crankernrichment, afterstart enrichment, warmupenrichment and so on and so forth.

-You should be able to have multiple configurable fuel and ignition trim tables based on whatever you want.

-Multiple calibrations would be nice to. Not just switchable fuel and iginitionmaps but complete calibrations.

-It should have extensive enginesaver capabilities.

-DBW capabilities.

-Internal logging (with loop function so it can log all the time)

-Possibilities to use a log to make automated calculations to change the fuelmap.

-Built in Scope. Not just for trigger inputs.

-Should be able to use whatever triggersetup you want. Even on plugins.

-Good knock control.

-CANbus. Configurable that is! Can is the future. Needs to be able to be configured to use other manufacturers equipment. Not just locked to the ecu`s brand.

Needs to be built well! Should go without saying but there are examples that give me goosebumps. Not in a good way.

-Techsupport is nice but a good manual goes a long way in my book. You dont always have the time to wait for a reply on email or on a forum. Also not all humans on this earth is awake at the same time to answer phonecalls. (Australia is 12 hours ahead of me).

-Needs to have some sort of anti theft function to immobilize the car.

-Charge temp fuel correction.

-Fuelpump and fuelpump speed capabilities. Example on my car i have fuelpump one PWM driven with a solid state relay and fuelpump 2 kicked in with a normal relay based on conditions I decide.

-You should be able to "build" your own screens in the software. If i want a fuelmap and my knocksettings + my boostcontroll setup on one page i should be able to.

-Motorsport options. Launch, traction, flatshift and so on.

-Cam timing based on multiple factors, not just rpm as an example.

-Lots of memory so upgrades and new fungtions can be made without hitting the roof.

Well thats a few from the top of my head... :)

-

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.