TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - We can't hand-hold through the process
People Seeking Info

Subject We can't hand-hold through the process

Posted by ThisIsSparTTa on October 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 183 times.

In Reply To Re: It's not impossible to trace, nor is searching posted by ukrdon2006 on October 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Message When I can't figure something electrical out, I search, and I bust out the FSM. I look up circuit diagrams. I learn how everything connects, and then test those interconnections.

When I've reached a dead end, aka you're finding an omission or inaccuracy with the FSM, then you post up what you've tried so far and ask for help. Sometimes the first step is you don't know the right keywords to search or to use, and you need a start. That's fine.

However, the information you asked for is available online and the FSM. The simple answer is to use that information to trace and test the circuit.

If after doing so, everything looks good to you, then is the time to come back and ask for more guidance. Maybe there's some less obvious things to look for, or like a known issue that the ECU will start to fail to make the reading. Whatever the case is.

However, you didn't get to that point. You just tried a new sensor. It didn't work, so you threw your hands up. The Z32 is a complex car, and you're going to need to learn how to run through the basic troubleshooting on your own. There just isn't enough forum member bandwidth to hand-hold through the entire process.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.