TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - UPDATE: Hooked Fuel pressure gauge & diagnostics tool
People Seeking Info

Subject UPDATE: Hooked Fuel pressure gauge & diagnostics tool

Posted by ZTicket(Dallas) on October 20, 2014 at 6:16 PM
  This message has been viewed 115 times.

In Reply To Need Help. Problem:Engine quits while driving. It will posted by ZTicket(Dallas) on October 17, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Message (NProbe)to the Z this afternoon. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the car to die and exhibit the problem. I idled for almost an hour. One anomaly occurred in the data however. I don't know if it is supposed to do this or not. Toward the end of the idling, the timing went from 15 to 24 and the fuel pressure went from 45psi to 35psi. Other parameters were: MAF=1.16 TPS=.50 AAC%=55 Fuel Inj.Pulse=1.42/1.42 O2sensors=.53/.59 Coolant Temp=178 Fuel Temp=93 Battery Voltage=13.8 Timing=24 Fuel Pressure=35psi
I'll have to go drive around to make it fail so I can confirm fuel pressure when I try to start it. My bet is, it won't have any. When I use the NProbe to switch off the fuel pump, the car acts just like it does when it's having the "problem" i.e. slow rpm loss down to nothing (as the pressure goes down).

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.