TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Im chasing an issue but after last night I dont think this
People Seeking Info

Subject Im chasing an issue but after last night I dont think this

Posted by LivinTheDream on October 17, 2014 at 10:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 92 times.

In Reply To Are you chasing an issue? posted by -Grimm- on October 17, 2014 at 09:53 AM

Message The cause. I primed the pump about 10+ times trying to purge the clear tube free of air. The large portion of the air remained and the gauge only bumped to 8 psi and fell back off. Thing is it doest look as if priming the pump had an affect everytime. While the majority of the time the key was turned, the pressure jumped to about 8psi and instantly fell back off, there were about 4 occasions when I turned the key and the gauge didn't move nor the fuel. I'm pretty sure I Hurd the pump each time.
It could be an off and on electrical issue not delivering appropriate power to the pump.
The issue is that for months the car would start fine. Then of recent there were 3 or 4 occasions (at night) when id attempt to start the car, after letting it sit for a few days, and it would be as if it was starving for fuel. It would barely stay on but wouldn't die. I didn't have the gauge installed at the time. I thought it was O2 sensors or an exhaust leak at first. But my test show those areas to be ok.

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.