TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Master Z mechanics please help.
People Seeking Info

Subject Master Z mechanics please help.

Posted by sdvdoc on October 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 267 times.

Message Completed the NA to TT conversion and have hit a wall. Three weeks of research and I'm spinning in circles. Here's the problem:

Before installing, I performed the 120k timing belt service, replaced all hoses and vacuum lines, cleaned connections, retaped the wiring harness and inspected all of the clips, new plugs gapped properly, injectors ohm'ed and click tested, egr delete, bovs installed, boost/vacuum leak tested, and boost controller installed. I also pulled the turbos to check shaft play and ease of rotation and replaced the exhaust manifolds. Everything is tight and seemed to be in working order so I fired her up.

Started immediately but sputtered and seemed to be skipping. Purred at 2500 -3000 rpm, but as soon as I let off the gas, she died. Would not idle at all. Rechecked spark plugs, tested each coil pack for sparking, and ran codes. Got a code 13 and 34. Corrected both and got a 55. Still will not idle. Pulled CAS and cleaned it according to DVDBURN's write up and reinstalled. Using timing light, adjusted to 15 degrees btdc. ( very hard to do when you have to rev to 2500 rpm just to keep it running). Still will not idle.

I think there is still a problem with the Timing but I'm not sure what I am missing. called a "z" mechanic in Jax, fl, who would not look at the car because I had done the work so far myself. Hoping that one of you might be able to help.

Don't post much but am constantly looking at this site for info. Thanks in advance.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.