TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I was not aware that they are to be blocked. i have deleted
People Seeking Info

Subject I was not aware that they are to be blocked. i have deleted

Posted by LivinTheDream on October 08, 2014 at 11:48 AM
  This message has been viewed 140 times.

In Reply To Remember that the PCV valves pull from the... posted by -Grimm- on October 08, 2014 at 09:56 AM

Message My pcv valves and blocked the ports on the LH exhaust valve cover. Because the intake is always pulling from the intake valve covers if the dip stick is not sealing it can pull in un-metered air and cause a lean condition. This I why I want to seal the dip stick. When I do a boost leak test I just have someone put some pressure on the stick so it doesn't hiss while I listen for leaks else where.

My question regarding the pcv system was not really in relation to my original question. I was curious how it is the dip stick would pop out when pressure built in the crank case. Or more so how the pressure even occurs if its always vented to the turbo inlets. My only answer was that the pcv valves would get stuck open and boost would pressurize the crank case causing the stick to pop out. I just figured the valves would get stuck closed rather than open so I wanted to confirm my understanding of this.

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.