TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Welcome aboard
People Seeking Info

Subject Welcome aboard

Posted by -Grimm- on September 19, 2014 at 9:51 AM
  This message has been viewed 213 times.

In Reply To FUEL LINES....EGR tubes, and such,..... posted by RT PERFORMANCE on September 18, 2014 at 03:06 PM

Message You will find that doing anything on the Z more than changing the oil is a total PITA. Somehow we are crazy enough to subject ourselves to it repeatedly.

To answer your questions;

-EGR delete, the only reason you would encounter an issue is if your ECU is a stock California (or OBD2) ECU with an EGR temp sensor. You will get a CEL on these models.

-Good call on removing the pre-cats, 2.5" 4 bolt DP's are common. Search around for exhaust recommendations, it all comes down to personal preference (tip style, resonated, x pipe, sound level, etc)

-Make sure you get a good clutch kit, any sub-par kits will leave you with chatter and a Z that isn't fun to drive.

-I installed (fabbed) an aftermarket fuel line system for my car. I took a set of stock fuel rails, cut the ends off, welded -6AN fittings to it. I then ran the fuel lines directly out the back of the engine, across the firewall to an aeromotive FPR, and down to the frame rail hard lines (stock has a set of soft lines that connect the upper/lower hard lines, I removed the upper).

Alternatively you can purchase 300 degree fuel rails and do the same if you can't weld them (or you can contract me to welt them!). I have a set for sale in the classifieds... (Shameless)

------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 300ZX NA 5 Sp (Dead)
1990 300ZX NA Auto 2+2 (Dead)
1990 300ZX TT 5 Sp (Est. 400 HP)
1990 300ZX TT 5 Sp (Est. 600 HP)
2004 G35 Sport 6MT (DD)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.