TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It's fine.
People Seeking Info

Subject It's fine.

Posted by BlackholeZ on August 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 242 times.

In Reply To Re: Retest tonight with throttle open showed the following.. posted by WolfmanZ on August 27, 2014 at 08:11 PM

Message Mid 140s is where most decent but used engines sit. (150 is half way between max and min) There are so many variables (Throttle, gauge, battery voltage etc) that can affect the reading a on a compression test that isn't the best way to judge an engine. This is why it is the similarity between cylinders that matters the most. It can tell you if something unusual is wrong and wearing one cylinder faster. If you want more data, do wet and dry leakdown tests and that will give you a better idea of the condition.

TBH the seller sounds like he's going out of his way to prove that the engine is in good shape, and I wouldn't want to pester him any more about it.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" - ChristopherTheOne
" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.