TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1990 Na coupe brakes always grabbing
People Seeking Info

Subject 1990 Na coupe brakes always grabbing

Posted by Loganistik on August 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 151 times.

Message Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

I just bought a car off of someone who had the car sitting for a while (maybe a month or two) with some needed engine work for cheap. Ive since fixed that issue, but now when i drive the card, it will come to a complete stop on its own, with no need for me to touch the brake pedal. (ill mention right now that the front and rear calipers are good (the fronts are brand new) and I have also just installed new pads all around as well) If i do press the brake pedal, I only have to press it maybe 1/4 to a 1/2 an inch for it to stop faster which is also very stiff, not even enough travel to activate the brake light switch (I know i can adjust the switch, but that doesn't solve the issue)

I will also mention that I have bled and re bled the brakes (including the ABS pump) trying to solve this issue thinking it was air in the lines causing the calipers not to reset. but to no avail.

Also, after having the issue witch i will say isn't all the time, only SOME OF THE TIME, but more often than not it seems. but after having the issue and stopping, ALL of the wheels are emitting alot of heat which points me to the master cylinder/booster.

however from what i've read on here is that a bad booster will make the pedal soft on these cars??? is that true? I do have a spare I can try, however it is alot of work and I dont want to do it for nothing.

what would you guys say the problem is???

Thanks.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.