TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - There is a main connect near the battery
People Seeking Info

Subject There is a main connect near the battery

Posted by ThisIsSparTTa on August 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM
  This message has been viewed 137 times.

In Reply To No electrical power at all. None. posted by ChristopherTheOne on August 17, 2014 at 06:42 PM

Message So, you have the battery, a big ass positive voltage cable that runs off for your starter, and a smaller cable for your negative/grounds. You also have that fusible link box near the battery.

There is also a very important harness connector right there that connects power for the rest of the car. I couldn't find a picture on a quick search, but IIRC it's a big block and has 6 or 8 connections. It's something that likes to get in the way when you're trying to remove or install the battery. For some reason on my old car they had spliced out the connector.

Anyways, double check that has been connected. It's possible you may have shoved it down into the passenger fender when doing other work.

I found this out with my bay torn apart, plugged up battery, got nothing. Took me a few minutes of head scratching to figure out how the rest of the car was supposed to get its positive voltage.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.