TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I have them.....
People Seeking Info

Subject I have them.....

Posted by Zvil (FL) on August 17, 2014 at 10:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 233 times.

In Reply To Forged wastegates.... posted by Z ONLY1 on August 17, 2014 at 08:02 PM

Message nothing much to report though because I got them to replace the faulty ones that came on my turbos, one of my diaphragms were ruptured and a replacement was only $80 cheaper than the Forge's. If you're trying to accomplish a noticeable benefit, I say the money would be better spent on a good dual solenoid boost controller, and hard/short as possible boost lines. The nice thing about the Forge's: they're very high quality and I'm willing to bet they'll never break, there's also a positive side nipple option (to hold the wastegate shut when exhaust pressure would normally overcome the spring) but I couldn't find a boost controller that would utilize it, must be a stand alone only thing? They're a HUGE headache to change with the engine in the car, it would seem very inefficient to pull the engine only to change them. If it comforts you to know: with my blitz I-color spec-R my boost curve is SO flat it holds anywhere between 1.22 and 1.26 bar from 3900 rpm all the way to redline (in 1st through 3rd). In 4th and 5th gear it holds it almost perfectly at 1.22. Is it because of the wastegates? or is it because of the boost controller? my money is on the boost controller.

(discussion on ptu relocation)
"No good reason to put it there anyway. -Bernie (NoVA)
False -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
You're correct, there are 3 good reasons -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
Wow, right again, just remembered another, make that 4 -vorpalZ"
XD

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.