TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Antilock light on and no LED codes
People Seeking Info

Subject Antilock light on and no LED codes

Posted by Da Flash on August 06, 2014 at 3:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 257 times.

Message The "antilock" dash light is on in my car, it's been on since I bought the car. I could never find the control unit LED until a week ago when I became determined to solve this issue. After I removed the panel behind the pass seat I could see the control unit but still couldn't see the LED flashing so, I unmounted it and left it sitting in a position that you could see the LED. To my surprise, the LED wasn't flashing any codes. From a bit of research in the FSM,

[ http://www.300zx.co.uk/cgi-bin/manual.cgi?list=br&dir=&config=&refresh=&direction=forward&scale=0&cycle=off&slide=52&design=default&total=56 ]

I determined that I'm not getting any voltage to pin 15 of the connector with the engine running. The FSM says "repair harness between altenator and control unit"

I took a look at the harness connected to the altenator but didn't find any lose connections or unplugged wires. From the wiring schematics, I can see the "L" wire but haven't a clue on what to do/test next. Can someone shed some light on where I should go from here??

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.