TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Yes. Just reran will all out and full battery. Results>
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Yes. Just reran will all out and full battery. Results>

Posted by MaxxAction on August 04, 2014 at 8:22 AM
  This message has been viewed 149 times.

In Reply To Yes. Just reran will all out and full battery. Results> posted by ZUL8R on August 03, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Message You know...

if the car sat for a long time, you might just have some stuck rings. Before I did anything to drastic, I would probably dump maybe a tablespoon of seafoam in each cyclinder, unplug the FP relay and the PTU and turn it over for a minute or so, and let that stuff set and soak in. Then put about 6 ounces in the cranks case, run it for an hour or so, change the oil, then redo the compression test and see what happens.

For a headgasket to cause such low compression numbers, you would almost certainly be seeing some cross contamination, coolant in the oil/oil in the coolant/steam out the exhaust.

Once when I was a kid, I bought an old honda motorcycle that had set for years. We cleaned the carb and gas tank, and got it running, but it smoked bad, and had very little power. The local fix-it guy said put some kerosene in the cylinder and kick it over awhile and let it set overnight. We did. It was a bitch to get it started the next day, and it fogged the whole place up when it did, but I guess it freed the rings, cause the smoking stopped, and it ran much better.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.