TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - As long as the Z is not your Daily Driver.. it's a nice car
People Seeking Info

Subject As long as the Z is not your Daily Driver.. it's a nice car

Posted by Cjw3 on August 03, 2014 at 12:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 139 times.

In Reply To 1 more thing - on flushes, coolant is clean. posted by ZUL8R on August 03, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Message I'm worried that the heating problem is now more pronounced than is was before..

These can be a Bitch to burp.. so make sure you heat it and cool it a few times to cycle the T-Stat to get all the air out.. and the traditional.. run the heater also..

As for the Rust.. Rusty water is not a problem.. It's the Crud that can be plugging up the lower passages in the Block around the Cylinders.. If it made a few thousand miles recently.. I'm no thinking that is a problem.

Do the Compression Check.. that will give some clues as to the health of the Engine..

SUPER lean will cause heating as well as Retarded Timing..

I'd go after timing first, as lean will cause stumbling when pushed.. you have not complained of that..

Head Gaskett Leak that is blowing a few bubbles during engine load will cause bubbles to get stuck behind the T-Stat, and prevent it from opening.

There should be a 'Bleeder' hole in the T-Stat.. you might want to Remove the T-Stat and check to see that it was installed UP.

I always boil my T-Stats to prove that they will open.. all it takes one NEW one to not open. and you will do it for the rest of your life..

Good Luck..

Cap

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.