TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thank you. Some history...
People Seeking Info

Subject Thank you. Some history...

Posted by ZUL8R on August 03, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 148 times.

In Reply To Sounds like your Good on Pressure posted by Cjw3 on August 03, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Message I think you are on to something with the rust. Is there any way to fix that?

I bought the car three months ago on ebay, uninspected. Very clean, he did a walk through of some things for me over the phone. My brother drove it home from GA to MN with no issues.

A month ago, about 1500 miles later, the car overheated while driving on freeway. Got really hot. I didn't catch it in time. Looked down and saw the needle over the "H" and pulled over and opened the bonnet.

I brought it to a local guy that works on my bro's and dad's Z32's and he drained radiator and it came out looking like a rust bath. He found a hornets nest under the car. So... it has been sitting a while.

Flushed it a few times. Burped it endlessly. Replaced all those parts I mentioned.

I will let it idle for 15 minutes and the needle will raise to 9 or 10 o'clock. If I take it on the road it's only a minute before the needle starts climbing fast.

I am trying to pay the pennance for my stupidity in the purchasing process but I am getting stumped. Was going to do a compression test this AM in case it's the head gasket? But no smoke, passed the blue fluid block test, oil is black, no oil in coolant or overflow reservoir...

Thanks for the guidance.

"Yeah, it can break the tires loose."

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.