TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Oil leak/smoke by the brake reservoir
People Seeking Info

Subject Oil leak/smoke by the brake reservoir

Posted by KeepinitClassy on July 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 167 times.

Message Hey guys, I have an oil leak that I'm having a bit of trouble determining what it might be.

Whenever I take the car for a 10 minute drive into town and then come home and pull it into the garage I get a softball size oil leak underneath. If you pop the hood it also has smoke coming out of the right side of the engine right around the brake reservoir.

I took the car over to a buddy of mines garage to put it up on a lift. Once we got it on the lift I noticed the passenger side was completely dry however the drivers side was another story. We cleaned it up underneath and started the car to see if we could locate the oil leak. It didn't leak after letting it idle for a good 10 minutes.

On the way home I noticed that my oil pressure was hovering between 0 and the half way mark to 60 and more towards 0. I got it home and checked the oil and noticed I was low so I'm assuming that my low oil pressure is related to my low oil level. I also noticed that it didn't leak upon it getting home but it did still smoke.

Does anyone have any idea on this? I tried searching and didn't come across anything similar to this, hoping someone might have some insight to this. I thought of a valve cover gasket but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for any help

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.