TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Here are a few ideas:
People Seeking Info

Subject Here are a few ideas:

Posted by ttsmokin on July 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 85 times.

In Reply To Well I just had the tranny down and I put downpipes at the posted by Adamo on July 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Message What you really need to inspect if the front side of the compressor wheel, not the exhaust wheel of the turbo. Sometimes a bolt or piece of metal will get ground up on the front edge of the compressor wheel and cause a loss of turbo efficiency.

The duty cycle has no effect on turbo lifespan. Raising the boost past the efficiency of the turbocharger does however affect the lifespan. The duty cycle only affects the boost controller's solenoid, how often it is operating to control boost levels. So go ahead and set it to a higher duty cycle.

One thing we have not addressed here is the installation of the boost controller. We are assuming it is installed correctly but I know I have fought with a boost issue when the controller had the ports switched around. The two vacuum lines running to the boost solenoid simply needed to be flipped around. What you need to do is ensure the boost controller is installed correctly and that the hoses leading to each turbo are of equal length. Ensure the vacuum source is good.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.