TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Engine barely running
People Seeking Info

Subject Engine barely running

Posted by ZenXile on July 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 104 times.

Message Went for a drive to the store the other day and on the way home the car suddenly lost a LOT of power. Idle and running went rough, seems like it might be firing on 4 or fewer cylinders. Originally thought it might have been the spark plugs failing as the guy at the autoparts store sold me a step below and I was waiting on the correct plugs to arrive. However on installation, no change. On install of the incorrect plugs previously, cylinder 1 had no spark and was not firing. I replaced it with the old plug and it ran fine. Unfortunaly the car is running much worse now than it was with one dead cylinder. If not warm, it requires some gas to keep it alive and runs very very rough throughout the revs. ( up to four at least, haven't tried to push it past that) Have done a spark test on all cylinders, all have spark. Thought it might be an issue with the injectors. I have begun cleaning the contacts (which are admittedly in terrible shape) and ohming the injectors. Ive made it through the first four so far, and everything checks out, 10-14 ohms, no change after cleaning contacts. Maybe one of the last two will have a problem, but I'm at a loss where to look next. Checked the timing, Vacumm is good, compression test last month showed 155-150 and 130 on cylinder 4. Jumped to 155 with a wet test.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.