TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Post MT Swap question(s)
People Seeking Info

Subject Post MT Swap question(s)

Posted by Silens on April 27, 2014 at 3:51 AM
  This message has been viewed 245 times.

Message So I have a few questions following my mostly successful MT swap. The first one has to do with the alternator harness. There is a plug labelled E35 in the FSM that connects to a harness connection on the alternator harness. It's the largest of the three plugs behind the passenger headlight, one of the pins on it is for the oil pressure sending unit.

The question is this: on the AT harness this connector had 6 pins, but the MT harness has 7. Is this normal? The MT swap guides on thus site don't mention the new MT harness being unable to plug into the engine room harness at E35, so I'm unsure.

Second question is regarding my idle - it's super lean. Sometimes it bottoms out my wideband on 20, but after warming up the wideband rhythmically will start reading at 17.3, move to 14.7 where it should be, then lean way back out and settle at 17.3 again before repeating the whole cycle ad infinitum. The car idles rough, especially so during the leaner parts of the "cycle". Car runs perfect under load though, smooth and a solid 14.7 on the wideband.

My thought is the ecu needs to relearn everything as it was unplugged for 4 days. Thoughts?

Thanks as alwaysM

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.