TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It is not your kingpin or the bearings for it
People Seeking Info

Subject It is not your kingpin or the bearings for it

Posted by ZXRider on April 21, 2014 at 7:08 PM
  This message has been viewed 559 times.

In Reply To Front suspension popping posted by TriniTT on April 21, 2014 at 09:52 AM

Message Look up my post history and you will see that I have changed EVERYTHING on the front driver's side corner trying to track down the sound you describe. The last thing that I replaced, after spending a whole bunch of $$$, was the fix to the issue.

At some point, either previous owner, or during the life of the car, the lower control arm bolt that mounts the arm to the cross member had come loose. I had everything replaced and the noise was still there, I went to pull the arm off to change the bushing with an ES bushing which I realized the bolt was loose. Nonetheless, I changed the bushing with the ES bushing, however, I am relatively positive that the bolt itself was the cause of the issue. Furthermore, we checked the straightness of the bolt and it was actually bowed. The bolt was also replaced with a good stock bolt from a parts car.

With the bushing changed, the bolt changed and tightened to factory spec, I have never heard the pop while braking, pulling out of my driveway or fully locking the steering wheel and accelerating from a stop.

I have nightmares about that happening...I'd be the poor bastard you'd hear about on the news that gets killed by a softball-size chunk while spreading out my body over the hood and screaming "Nooo!" (Having a conversation about hail damage) - BradZ (FL) on March 25, 2005 at 9:56 PM

Tell your friend that you could take a dump, light it on fire and that would be hotter shit than his car. Probes suck, that's just all there is to it. - 300ZXpert (someday) on April 04, 2005 at 11:35 PM

P.S. You REALLY are on here at ALL hours! And I thought I was bad! :) - zmenon on August 16, 2005 at 3:06 AM

LOL...2+2 drivers should grow mullets..."Business in the front...party in the back" ;) - BradZ (FL) on November 29, 2005 at 4:45 PM

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.