TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Rebuild Stockers or JWT Sport 550's
People Seeking Info

Subject Rebuild Stockers or JWT Sport 550's

Posted by Auggie on April 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM
  This message has been viewed 387 times.

Message Sadly, after owning my 1991 for 23 years, I think it's time to part ways with it since I now have a BMW 335i twin turbo.

It's in absolute mint condition, black-on-black 5-speed with only 82k.

Alas, the turbos are dead so I haven't been able to truly enjoy the car for the past several years. So as my parting gift, I think I will replace the turbos myself, but can't decide if I should be as cheap as possible and simply rebuild the originals for ~$1,200, or splurge on a pair of JWT Sport 550's, and even throw on a set of MSP manifolds.

A little more green for the "upgraded" components, but I think I can recoup any additional costs on the resale, leaving it up to the next buyer to build upon that (e.g. injectors, dual air filter, etc). It currently only has a Stillen chip, Stillen single air filter, and Stillen intercoolers with air guides (not yet installed), PowerTrix HICAS Eliminator, and Work Equip Anhelo 18" wheels. Otherwise, it's bone stock, right down to the rebuilt Bose speakers.

So should I sell as-is, or do some work to get it in perfect running condition (stock or upgraded)?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.