TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Can someone PLEASE provide me with instructions on how to "gut the TT PS pump"??
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Can someone PLEASE provide me with instructions on how to "gut the TT PS pump"??

Posted by aliaZ on April 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM
  This message has been viewed 285 times.

In Reply To Can someone PLEASE provide me with instructions on how to "gut the TT PS pump"?? posted by blackomega on April 13, 2014 at 05:31 PM

Message :I can only assume that I must remove the long central bolt that holds the pulley on and also spins the pump, correct?
Nope. No need to remove the pulley

:Then as far as removing the HICAS vanes inside, I can only assume that I remove the 4 or 5 bolts from the housing and pull the housing apart.

remove the rear 4 bolts and rear cover, remove the vanes, reinstall plate.

:Then I am told to block off the rear (HICAS) nipple on the pump by welding it shut.
You can also just get a bolt of the same thread as your banjo bolt and install it in the rear port with a copper washer

I am guessing that I am supposed to remove the Y piece that is held on via hex or torx screws and seal up the HICAS side with something to block the flow of fluid, then put it back on?

If you are referring to the manifold that supplies power steering fluid to the rear section of the pump, there is no need to block fluid flow to the rear.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.