TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Can someone PLEASE provide me with instructions on how to "gut the TT PS pump"??
People Seeking Info

Subject Can someone PLEASE provide me with instructions on how to "gut the TT PS pump"??

Posted by blackomega on April 13, 2014 at 5:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 232 times.

Message I can only assume that I must remove the long central bolt that holds the pulley on and also spins the pump, correct?

Do I hold it in a vice and just put a lot of force on the nut or what? Lefty Loosey? The nut seemed really tight (obviously) but I wasnt sure which way to turn it, you never know......

Then as far as removing the HICAS vanes inside, I can only assume that I remove the 4 or 5 bolts from the housing and pull the housing apart.

Then I assume that the vanes will fall out on their own? Is there any trick or special way or assembly instructions with the vane removal?

Then I am told to block off the rear (HICAS) nipple on the pump by welding it shut. I am guessing that I am supposed to remove the Y piece that is held on via hex or torx screws and seal up the HICAS side with something to block the flow of fluid, then put it back on?

Can anyone confirm or deny these steps are correct and will work for me? If not can anyone point me to a how-to or give me their own explanation?

Because of this silly process and a lack of complete understanding my Z has not ran in more than a year. It would be nice to get it running again and this is the only thing standing in my way. Please help, TIA

Exercise your rights; support private gun sales.

DD: La-Z-Link

Matt Sturgeon | Create Your Badge

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.