TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - so fuel flows throughout the system. Injectors are faintly
People Seeking Info

Subject so fuel flows throughout the system. Injectors are faintly

Posted by LivinTheDream on April 03, 2014 at 10:37 AM
  This message has been viewed 161 times.

In Reply To Fuel pressure 55-60psi. Could there be a block in the system posted by LivinTheDream on March 31, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Message Clicking when I turn the cas. Its strange because both times I've listened to the injectors at night it sounds faint and when I tested during the day it seemed normal.

Anyway injectors all get battery voltage. The ecu sees battery voltage through the signal wires to the injectors when the ignition is off as it is stated in the manual. The ecu is getting a signal from the cas because even though its faint the injectors are clicking when it is turned and the plugs are firing. I would think if the problem lied with the cas or the wiring to the cas it would mean no signal or a signal to weak to be accepted by the ecu and cause it to respond. It can't be the connection from the injectors to the ecu because even if t was a bad or semi bad wire on a few of them it wouldn't cause all of them not to spray. An LED (with resistor) hooked to the injector connector responds by blinking when the cas is spun. So this confirms that the ecu is grounding the circuit. All the ecu grounds are showing continuity and I even intalled a grounding kit that includes all of these and incorperates them with the battery grounding.

I'm guessing:
1. The ecu can have a damaged ground wire which allows a circuit to be made but not one strong enough to complete the task of opening the injectors. It is possible that a single damaged wire could cause this, because even though the ecu has multiple ground pins on the connector and multi ground points throughout the engine bay, they all join to and branch from a single ground wire.

2. The CAS is sending a faint signal to the ecu causing it to respond but becuase the signal is weak it doesn't fully engage the command. Doesn't know if that is even possible or makes sense electronically.

3. The inectors are cloged from debre created by the delamination of the inner wall of the fuel lines at the connecting points. But it seems unlikely that all of the injectors are working, I turn the car off and then a few weeks later it won't start. You would think one or two might have gotten clogged but not all of them at the exact same time with out the car even being on.

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.