TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I have/had this issue too, kind of
People Seeking Info

Subject I have/had this issue too, kind of

Posted by ThisIsSparTTa on April 02, 2014 at 3:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 152 times.

In Reply To brake pedal travel problem posted by tian2bing on April 01, 2014 at 08:29 PM

Message Rebuilt OEM calipers with kit and new Hawk HP+ Pads and I bled my system until the cows came home, and no matter what as soon as I cranked, it would feel like this. Seriously, I spent about 3 hours bleeding. Yes the nipples were on the top of caliper, yes I bled the ABS, yes I followed the FSM bleed order. I did an insane amount of research.

Replaced the BMC, still the same thing (yes I bled the new BMC), even after another hour of bleeding.

I finally decided to take the car up to a local lot and push it, and got a lot more confidence in them. Mine at least will definitely stop the car, well, when pushed all the way. Not sure if its just the behavior of the Hawk HP+ pads or what, but what i see is:

First ~45% of the travel, I get very light braking
Next ~5% I get medium braking
Last 50% I get head snapping stopping.

So, at least my car stops, and it will stop hard, but the pedal operation sucks, because I'll be coasting towards a car, not getting enough braking, push a hair farther, and if I don't use a feather touch, the car is jerking to a stop. Kind of looks like a teenager driving.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.