TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I wouldn't be too worried. These cars run HOT.
People Seeking Info

Subject I wouldn't be too worried. These cars run HOT.

Posted by Draker (Eugene, OR) on April 23, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 112 times.

In Reply To temp needle climbs slightly above middle occaisionally posted by zergling on April 22, 2012 at 09:23 PM

Message I would however make sure the radiator and AC(Evap) find are clear or dirt and debris. Also, make sure you've got both lower engine covers and both radiator air guides in place.

Also, make sure there is no air in the cooling system. I fyou just flushed the coolant there very well could be a pocket of air trapped in there. I would top off the system just to be sure. Also take a good look at the temp sensors, unhook them and give them a good cleaning. Apply some dielectric grease to them and reconnect.

Also make sure your AUX Fan is working and turns on when it should. There is a FAQ on how to check this. While your in there, make sure the fan clutch is in good shape.

If you do all of this, your cooling system should be good to go. If you still have issues, they are likely the result of an actual issue. But if you aren't getting really hot, I wouldn't worry about it. Like I said, these cars run hot.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.