TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - yeah, the plug needs to be cold and the tranny hot.
People Seeking Info

Subject yeah, the plug needs to be cold and the tranny hot.

Posted by BlackholeZ on January 30, 2008 at 3:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 96 times.

In Reply To i also tried heating up the plug before loosening. posted by RedSER13 on January 30, 2008 at 02:42 PM

Message go get one of computer air duster cans, invert the can and spray the crap outta the plug after you have heated everything up. What your wanting is the alum. case to stay expanded while you shrink the plug.
Careful not to get it too hot, heat it slowly and constantly moving.

Another thing I've used is heating everything up and spraying oil on it. The heat helps the oil wick, and as the air trapped in the threads cools, it actually pulls the oil in. Naturally not so hot that the oil catches fire instantly.

_____________Sig_____________
Moving to Cali! If you have any leads for Aviation Mechanic Jobs in/near-ish to Monterey, Ca, please contact me.

Live, breathe, eat, sleep Z
god that's sexy vroom vroom

"When Chuck Norris was denied an Egg McMuffin at McDonald's because it was 10:35, he roundhouse kicked the store so hard it became a Wendy's."
"When the boogey man goes to bed at night, he checks the closet for Chuck Norris."
"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"Ahhh, VTEC. All of the lag, none of the turbo. It's like waiting for bad sex."

"bashcomesinandpostallhiswishdomonthisin85432pagesofBS (n/m)" - Halo Z
"Z32 it will get you for life" - Smitytec
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" - ChristopherTheOne
"Roses are red, violets are blue, stages are gay, and so are you." - ZEngineer
"Hoses as hard as Zengineer at a Hot Imports Night event" -Gizmo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.