TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ummm...
People Seeking Info

Subject Ummm...

Posted by thumper300zx on September 19, 2007 at 12:42 AM
  This message has been viewed 90 times.

In Reply To It's not the gauge posted by lazer(AK) on September 18, 2007 at 07:30 PM

Message how is it not my gauge?

Did you read what I wrote? I swapped out gauges and the other gauge read 8-10 PSI higher on all accounts. The gauge is also autometer (but mechanical instead of electric). I use it on my other Z (an 86 turbo), and it shows the proper pressure numbers for idle and no vacuum.

Both cars run exactly like they should -- I think I was chasing a ghost because of a bad readout. I thought my fuel system was slowly degrading because of the increasily low readings over the last two years, but I think the gauge is getting increasingly worse, now. I don't pre-detonate, I hold solid boost. The pump reads .6 ohms, which is right close to spec. I never have startup problems. I just thought something was wrong because I was reading 30 psi at idle, right near 40 at zero vacuum, and sub 60 at boost (most people give numbers they are around 65 at 15 psi).

I might try a third fuel pressure gauge just for funzies...I just hate de-pressurizing the system over and over and over...

VISIT thumper300zx.com for PICS and TECH PAGES

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.