TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: What is the condition of the AC Condenser and radiator
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: What is the condition of the AC Condenser and radiator

Posted by sixguns69 on April 05, 2007 at 4:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 115 times.

In Reply To What is the condition of the AC Condenser and radiator posted by Zirvana on April 05, 2007 at 04:43 PM

Message Both the radiator and the condensor are in good condition as far as air flow. I can take a piece of paper and put it up to the mesh grill in front of them and it sticks hard with the fans going. This problem was occuring in Chicago, during December, so it is definitely not a temp. issue, and the AC was not on. I really think that I have an air pocket trapped in the system somewhere and that is causing the coolant to be pushed into the overflow to the point where it actually starts leaking out of the relief in the filler neck, causing the engine coolant level to drop to the point where the engine starts to heat up. I have an autometer electronic water temp gauge and it hovers around 185 until you start to drive the car. Then about ten minutes in, it slowly starts creeping up. I think that is the point that the coolant gets too low.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.