TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need help choosing which lady I should get/keep/mod
People Seeking Info

Subject Need help choosing which lady I should get/keep/mod

Posted by iluvmy300ZX on November 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 2344 times.

Message Hi. I just come across a nice 2+2 with 120K, all services just got done. Tan leather interior, everything is bone stock except the bodykit. So, I'm debating on which one to keep/mod, the N/A 2+0 5spd below or this N/A 2+2 auto. Of course the one I keep will have all the best parts of both, such as wheels, suspensions, etc. And I will do the TT swap to the one I keep also. So, the question is would a 5spd TT handle more power than the Auto TT? I heard a few people having problem with their 5spd tranny due to the synchros gets bad easily. So, if I shoot for high HWP, which one is the better candidate? Or should I just sell everything and get me a real TT? After reading and searching, I think doing the TT swap and 5spd conversion wouldn't be a big problem for me. So, here are the options:

Please let me know what would you do if your goal is high horse power, 600HWP minimum. Plus having the tools, ability, time and place to do swaps and conversions. And obviously, money would be the same for each situation which is never enough, lol. Never thought I would buy an auto, but seeing a majority manual Z's trannies breaking down and having problems, even with the $1800 tranny from the 99 model, I'm more leaning about the idea of an upgrade auto tranny with torque converter and whatsnot. Thanks in advance for any inputs, advices and suggestions.

Choices
  1. 1. forget the 2+2 (not buy it) and do TT swap on my current 5spd 2+0 N/A
  2. 2. Get the 2+2 auto, do the TT swap only, sell the 2+0 and get the fund for more upgrades.
  3. 3. Get the 2+2 auto, do the TT swap, 5spd conversion, sell the current N/A for more funds for more upgrades
  4. 4. Sell the N/A, put all the money together and get a good manual TT
  5. 4. Sell the N/A, put all the money together and get a good auto TT
  6. Sell the current N/A and hunt down a blown motor TT for a good price and build from ground up.
You cannot vote because you are not logged in

View Results

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.