TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 92 300zx wont start!
People Seeking Info

Subject 92 300zx wont start!

Posted by topend on September 21, 2010 at 5:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 921 times.

Message Ok, to make a long story short, I owned this car about 4 years ago. About a week ago I bought it back for a steal, not running of course.

The previous owner (guy I sold it to) said the car quit on him one day, and its been sitting ever since.

The problem is, he tried to diagnose it himself, and in doing so, has messed with a bunch of stuff (CAS, CTS, TPS, etc)

After doing some initial diagnosis, I discovered the fuel pump was not coming on, so bypassed the FPCM and grounded the fuel pump and it started working again.

Im assuming that this was the problem all along...
Now, the car still wont start
-The TPS was removed, so I reinstalled and adjusted it back to .46v
-The CTS wires were broken, so i replaced the conector
-The CAS is missing the three bolts that lock it in place, so im assuming he has been messing with it....
Problem is, the CAS is frozen and wont adjust, I pulled it off(with the three bolts that hold it and the bracket to the motor) but i cant get the whole thing to rotate (the shaft spins fine, just not the sensor itself)

That being said, since it is stuck, im assuming the timing hasnt changed, even though the bolts are missing?

Also, it still wont start, Im getting spark, and fuel, but still nothing, which leads me to believe that the CAS is out of adjustment(its sending fuel at the wrong time)

The only code the car is throwing is a 13 (Coolant Temperature Sensor) which I fixed, and I doubt it would prevent the car from starting anyways..

Please help! What can i do now??

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.