TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Easy pull connectors.
People Seeking Info

Subject Easy pull connectors.

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on October 10, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 1941 times.

Message OK, this is a pretty simple modification for connectors which have the metal retaining clips such as the ones that go to the injectors. As you know, these connectors can be a pain to remove. It's almost a surgical process to get in there, when there is enough room, to pry the metal clips out before removing the connectors. It is very easy to break the connectors when trying to do this and if you don't remove the metal clips before trying to pull a connector it will most certainly break.

The OEM clips are very strong high tension metal clips and if you have ever taken one off you also know how much of a pain it is to put back on.

In my modification I used jumbo paper clips for the replacement clip. These cost about .69 cents for a box of 100 at Office Depot. They are still springy and tense but not as much as the OEM metal clips. This will allow you to pull the connectors off without having to remove the metal clips first.

Here is a picture of the paper clip for size comparison.

Another picture for size comparison. The paper clip next to the OEM metal connector clip.

Using long nose pliers, straighten out the paper clip into one long piece.

Using a small flat tip screwdriver, pry out the OEM metal clip from the connector.

Slide the paper clip into place behind the plastic retaining nub of the connector until it is centered. (Picture 1)

(Picture 2)

Bend the paper clip around both sides of the connector.

Remove the paper clip the same way you did the OEM clip.

Using long nose pliers to hold the paper clip, bend the sides in toward the middle.

When finished bending the sides in it should look like this.

Put the paper clip back onto the connector.

Cut off the excess. In my picture I have put the connector on an old injector but but you do not need to do this.

The excess removed. (Picture 1)

(Picture 2)

(Picture 3)

You will find that the connectors hold very well and can now be taken off by firmly pulling on them without having to remove the metal clips first.

(Total Mouse Over Hits: a Lot)

www.mytwinturbo.com

Watch an ECZA meet caravan!

Watch a DVDBURN video!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.