TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Apexi AVC-R wiring help
People Seeking Info

Subject Apexi AVC-R wiring help

Posted by rojoloco (San Diego) on November 15, 2008 at 9:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 676 times.

Message For those that do not know, I've got a dinosaur of an AVC-R. It is even older than the one titled "Gen 1" in the .pdf I have. I called Apexi USA and they said they don't have documentation dating back that far. They said to call Apexi Japan but nobody there spoke a lick of English. I've looked at models that are close but that isn't good enough for this question. I have all the hoses run already. What I really need to know is what wires go where. I can't screw that up or I will really screw my car up as a result.

Here are pics of my old school model. There are 2 plugs that go into the back of the unit as well as a thing that says "BOOST IN" which I am guessing means I need to T off the boost gauge and go into the AVC-R unit. The 2 plugs on the back of the unit come together and then go to the solenoid. Three other wires branch off to go to the ECU. They are red, black, & green. Anybody know what wire is to what for this model?

Here are some pics:

BTW, that little connector packed with the unit in the 3rd pic is nowhere to be found. Must have gotten lost in the move. Not sure if it even went to the unit though as there is nowhere for it to plug in.

-----------------------------------------------------
Never Play Leapfrog With A Unicorn!!!

Do yourself a favor and just worry about your own car. I don't see what everyone is so worried about anyway. If someone else wants to perform a modification that you believe will destroy the value, cheapen the Z32 or whatever you can't sit on your hands about, wouldn't that make your tastefully-modified, white bread Z32 more rare and valuable? -- BradZ (FL) on December 23, 2007 at 12:19 PM

The unicorn gets its revenge... -- Scotts94z32 on September 19, 2006 at 11:12 AM

CLICK FOR DETAILS ABOUT BUYING A ZAMA POSTER!!!!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.