TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Security Light Blinking after Battery reconnection?
People Seeking Info

Subject Security Light Blinking after Battery reconnection?

Posted by HaxZor on October 18, 2008 at 1:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 9806 times.

Message Scope: Instructions to Get Rid of "Flashing" Security Light in Dash for 1994 300zx TT after Battery Reconnection.

Audience: z32, 300zx TT owners with aftermarket Alarms who had disconnected and reconnect the negative terminal of their battery for whatever reasons and now are getting the annoying "Flashing" Security Light on the dash thinking that it's going to drain their batteries and the world is going to end.

Disclaimer: Don't sue me if you f-up your car. This is informational only. You have a choice at your own risk, and so did Joe the plumber.

Introduction: It wasn't my Security Box on top of my ECU on the passenger side...it was never on top my ECU anyways, the Security Box and Relay inside the car was located on the top right hand corner for the passenger foot-floor bay hanging on a SECURE-RITY BAR, Einsteins! NO, it wasn't any of the door sensors, not the Relays, no Fuses blown, nowhere, no-how ...

Procedure:

1.) Open the Driver, Passenger, Hatch, and Hood Doors. Yes all of them.
2.) Locate the Fuse Box in the Engine, Driver's side of course, open it and find the "Theft Room L" 10 A fuse" and PULL IT OUT.
3.) Check the Dash, No More "Security Light Flashing" Right?, but you're not done yet...Turn the Engine ON, YES CRANK IT and Rev the Engine with out the 10A Fuse...(Remember, this is for z32's with aftermarket alarms...so it should work)
4.) Turn off the engine, so that you turn the Ignition Key to the Home position, DON'T PULL OUT the key. You pull it out and you won't hear the CLIMATIC DING! DING! sounds later.
5.) Reinsert the 10A fuse in the "Theft Room L" Slot..Yes the fuse box in the engine bay...where else?
IMPORTANT: If you notice that your cabin lights got brighter and the "Ding! Ding! Ding!" sound is audible RIGHT AFTER inserting the 10A fuse back in (Remember, all doors open?), THEN YOUR "SECURITY LIGHT" flashing should be off now and RESOLVED. If so, close all doors, yes, the hatch and hood, too...when you're in the car, YES, close your driver side door, and start the engine and turn it off. Do the same thing with all the doors open. You should have no more ANNOYING "Security Lights" FLASHING!

IF this did no resolve your problem, it resolved mine so, YOU GOT ME and you might want to ask JOE...YES THE PLUMBER!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.