TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - z32 MAF translator test volunteers
People Seeking Info

Subject z32 MAF translator test volunteers

Posted by Kvert on November 12, 2023 at 11:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 401 times.

Message I've had one of my MAF translators on my car now for close to a month now and have yet to have any issues. It is a daily driver (to work and back - 25 mile round trip). This is a unit that is un-housed so I don't drive it in the rain for obvious reasons. I now have my very first housed and urethane potted unit that will be going into the car this week. I have also ordered all parts for making 2 more test units.

I am looking for 2 volunteers that will install and test these units. Requirements are that you have an existing dual intake installed, you car runs and you drive it regularly, and you'll send pictures of the installation on your car and provide any feedback on issues you may discover. Bonus would be some logging software (conzult, etc.). I also assume volunteers are competent in installation and that I will not take liability for any damage that may occur during operation or installation.
I'm trying to move this along so honesty and cooperation are appreciated. Presently considering these units as loaners. Included will be one MAF translator and corresponding harness. I don't have a mount plate or any additional fixture to attach to vehicle, but zip ties have worked for me so far (under nose panel by where I moved my PTU). ETA on getting units built and calibrated will likely be right after Thanksgiving.

As some may be wondering about end product pricing and availability. My target is $200 per unit, but it may be a bit above that. My goal was always to keep the price as low as possible and I'm a realist in that I know this is not going to make me rich. If testing goes well and I'm comfortable moving things along, I'll start making small batches for sale. Initial batch will probably be 10 units and I'll ramp up from there. Hitting the Christmas deadline is unlikely as I think there will not be sufficient test time so mid to late Jan 2024 is more realistic. Feel free to ask any questions.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.