TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Understandable
People Seeking Info

Subject Understandable

Posted by Drk93TT on April 20, 2023 at 5:31 AM
  This message has been viewed 153 times.

In Reply To Nothing like the first spin of the year posted by FrozTTy on April 18, 2023 at 10:14 AM

Message I looked for a while for a pearlglow yellow and finally found this in West virginia few years back. Super nice guy I bought it from picked it up from original owner in California who was a retired doctor on disability (he bought it new in 1990). On my drive home the clutch was slipping suuuuper bad on the highway to where I had to pull over and mess with the adjustment.. limped it home somehow. (mind you I drove this car for a good 10 mile test drive before buying it... It couldnt handle the uphill highway pulls and would slip like MAD which I found out after purchase)

Sometime later I figured out that the clutch booster had a damaged reaction disc inside ( cant recall who helped me diag this.. I think it was Joe from used to be southbend who I emailed... im sure I nagged Bernie with some questions too) ...... so some shop down there in WV wound out the rod that pushed on the clutch master... so it was rigged up to work. The car recently had 2 new clutches and so many other parts installed at shops
( $$$$$ for guesswork! I have the receipts they are scary parts throwers)

Long story short.. I did a new NA master, oem slave, clutch and flywheel, and removal of the OEM TT clutch booster asy.. install the NA pedal asy ... adjust and bleed properly.. its fixed for good hopefully.

With all the work done to it now I really dont think Ill ever sell it. Getting a clean low mileage (under 100k) EH7 factory TT Im sure will become increasingly difficult as the years go by.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.