TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 25th Anniversary SMZ VIN details/records?
People Seeking Info

Subject 25th Anniversary SMZ VIN details/records?

Posted by ryzan on April 13, 2023 at 6:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 372 times.

Message For the past few years, I've been documenting the Australian delivered 25th anniversary SMZ 300's, as there doesn't appear to have been any official Nissan records kept for the Australian cars (all converted locally). Eventually I intend to add my records to the GTR registry ([ www.gtr-registry.com ]) along with all the recorded VIN information out of FAST.

While the Aus-spec 25th anniversary SMZ was less heavily modified (we basically got the body kit on a 2+2 NA in a choice of red, white or blue with manual or automatic) I still think they're an important part of history. Officially, only 40 were made. However considering the price I expect that number would be even lower.

This got me wondering if there are any formal (or informal) records of production for the US/Canada 25th anniversary SMZ's , Stillen GTZ's or even the handful of SR71's that were produced? I've done a search but can't find a great deal of information so far. I'm assuming it's a similar case where cars were taken as needed when they came off the boat to be converted by Stillen?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.