TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Here are two posts from BobIsTheOilGuy in a thread from 2011
People Seeking Info

Subject Here are two posts from BobIsTheOilGuy in a thread from 2011

Posted by Polishzx on April 06, 2023 at 4:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 202 times.

In Reply To So what's the verdict on 75w90 vs 75w85 tranny oils? posted by ZXoltan on April 06, 2023 at 12:14 PM

Message Discussing MT-90. La-Z-Link

"Nissan now uses GL4 75w85 for most of their originally 90 weight manual transmissions. This addresses some of their shift issues. MT90 has always worked well in all the Nissans that I've installed it in. MT85, or any other 75w85, is what you'd want to use."

and another post from "aquariuscsm" who is also a member here on TT.net:

"Amsoil MTG is a lil thinner than Redline MT90. The Amsoil shifted alot smoother and had a more "precise" feel. I just felt the MT90 was too thick and made the shifts clunky and less precision. It would also want to hang in 1st gear when doing a 1st to 2nd shift. Nissan now recommends 75W85 for my 300ZX,whereas 15 years ago they recommended 75W90. Maybe they figured out the 75W90 was too thick?"

I don't have any other sources besides these posts and my own experience with MT-85, but I think 75w85 from either Nissan or Redline is the way forward in both early and later year transmissions.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.