TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I guess I should have read what you said more carefully
People Seeking Info

Subject I guess I should have read what you said more carefully

Posted by Drk93TT on April 03, 2023 at 5:44 AM
  This message has been viewed 205 times.

In Reply To 98 spec 5-speed is crap. posted by Good2Zya2.0 on April 02, 2023 at 12:10 AM

Message The 98 trans' I had only made that whine when the clutch was not depressed. When you put the clutch pedal down the noise went completely away in all cases Ive had on Zs..

The red 93 TT that I put the 98 trans in was still doing it when I sold it a handful of years ago. Changing the fluid from Redline back to Nissan fluid did quiet it down id say 1/4 of the noise if that. From what I can recall the noise is the input shaft bearing in the transmission.
My old black 93 TT had that same noise with the factory transmission and 36,000 miles. That one could have been a TOB , I never took the trans out on that one or did a clutch on it so I have no idea.

My newest 90 TT has zero noise ~70k miles.. factory transmission and even changed it to redline fluid.. no noise yet.

If its doing that with the clutch pedal depressed Id be looking at the throw out bearing first 100%. Easy peasy.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.