TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - well thanks man, honestly a large part of what makes these
People Seeking Info

Subject well thanks man, honestly a large part of what makes these

Posted by LJZTT on March 02, 2023 at 11:08 PM
  This message has been viewed 236 times.

In Reply To I'm still a relative noob to the community, but this sure posted by Woodnutz (PA) on February 22, 2023 at 05:29 AM

Message cars such a great ownership experience is nothing Nissan ever had a hand in....you know "THE COMMUNITY" as corny as it sounds but it is true.

Around 2007 or so a good friend of mine scored a 95 Supra Turbo. Silver, manual, black interior, absolutely gorgeous. At the time they were already going for double to triple what comprable Z32s were selling for....But there was nothing for him to do with the car. Other than hang out with me. There were no real organized Supra clubs or groups, at least not in OKC where we lived. But the OKZCC had hundreds of members between Tulsa and Oklahoma. We had shows, cruises, track days, regional events, ZCon...etc etc. It was comical looking back on it. He had massive buyers remorse, "shit man, how much did you pay for that?" He asked me....I never told him what I paid for my Z, I knew it would only make the situation worse. He sold it after 2 or 3 years and got a low mile S2000 instead.

Then there was the aftermarket support and the ties between the aftermarket vendors and the actual owners. He had no idea what parts were reputable and what parts were crap, being a Supra owner was basically no different than being a Honda owner at that time. The Supra forums were little more than social sites, which is fine and better than nothing but the strong suit of TTnet was this was where people who had no-shit answers resided. This was where actual innovators and developers shared knowledge and answered questions. This was where you would not get led astray because either no one knew any better or no one wanted to be seen as being a prick for piping up and correcting people who were giving out incorrect or terrible information or advice...in fact those corrections were actually pretty savage for many years when I first joined here. Ask me how I know, lol.

And it wasn't just TTnet, but there was a lot going on in the Z32 "scene" for lack of a better term, that simply made owning a Z32 far more desirable and rewarding an experience than the other golden era japanese cars. I certainly would not have kept the car as long as I did and it would not be in the state that it is in today were that not the case.

35 years ago...or now?

"If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line.....but it better work this time."

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.